Can I do the installation myself?
The C-pod is designed for easy installation. Sensors and other accessories are “plug and play”. The C-pod needs constant power supply which will require some work attaching it to the boat’s battery. A larger system with more than 2 sensors connected will require some additional wiring.
How to activate the C-Pod?
On the C-pod main unit included in the C-pod base package, you will find your C-pod activation code. In order to activate your C-pod unit (before or after installation), send this code as a SMS to the C-pod service number. The C-pod service number can be found on the first pages of the installation manual. You will shortly recieve a text message with login details to setup a new account at MyC-pod. In order to sign up for a subscription of the C-pod service do one of the following:
1. To set up monthly payments, follow the payment wizard on your first login after setting up your account, in order to register your credit card details for automatic payments.
2. To order a prepaid subscription, visit our webshop. You will then be able to log in to your new account without having to register your credit card.
If you already have an activated C-pod but desire to open up a paused account, please see “How to reactivate a paused account” below.
How to reactivate a paused account?
Do one of the following:
1. For monthly payments: Log in to your account. If you have forgotten your login details, send a SMS to the C-pod service number with the text: login. Follow the payment wizard in order to register your credit card details for monthly automatic payments. Contact C-pod support in order to open up the communication with the C-pod unit.
2. For yearly payments: Visit our webshop. to order a prepaid subscription. You will then be able to log in to your account without having to register your credit card. Contact C-pod support in order to open up the communication with the C-pod unit
Can I use my own "pay-as-you-go" SIM-card?
No, this is not possible. The reason to this is:
1. The C-pod service is server-based and does not rely on direct SMS notifications only. The server based solution makes it possible to actively monitor each C-pod unit every hour to ensure that you will never miss an alarm.
2. “Pay as you go” solutions are unreliable and insurance companies recommend against using such in systems like these. Tracking, status updates, alarm notifications etc. will not work should the SIM-card be empty or inactive.
3. We want our customers to be free from “hidden costs” such as expensive roaming fees.
How to I pay for a yearly subscription?
Visit our webshop to order a prepaid subscription (12 or 24 months). You will then be able to log in to your account without having to register any credit card. Note that it is not possible to register any annual payments on the portal (www.mycpod.com) but such payments are always made through our webshop.
How do I cancel my subscription?
1. If you registered your credit card for monthly payments, the C-pod Service Agreement has an initial term of 12 months starting on the date the first Monthly Service Fee is paid and will thereafter be automatically extended. You may cancel the Service Agreement by giving written notice to C Security Systems at least 60 days prior to the desired date of expiry. This date can not be before the end date of the initial term.
2. If you have purchased a yearly subscription your subscription will automatically be paused at the expiry of the subscription term unless you have registered a credit card on the portal. In that case your subscription will be transformed into a monthly subscription.
How to install the C-Pod?
Please download and read the installation manual.
Can I use my own USB-hub to add the new accessories?
No. Usage of third party USB-hubs is not supported and any use of such will void the warranty of the C-pod and it’s accessories. Available mounting sets to extend your base package can be found on our webshop.
How many accessories can I install?
By using our available mounting sets, you may install up to 12 daisy chained sensors.
If I buy and add a new assessory, will the service charge be higher?
No, the service charge will be the same regardless of the amount of accessories connected to it.